August 27, 2013

Lovely Reminders

As I sat down to work on my Master's homework today, God provided me with the perfect mentality to have during this season of change.  Most of you know that I am a teacher and I began my sixth year of teaching yesterday.  The last two weeks of meetings and planning were hectic and necessary overload.  I left each day with a longer to-do list than the day before.  I love teaching and interacting with my kindergarten kiddos but the behind the scenes trainings, meetings, and preparation can be taxing.  The first two days have flown by and I have a sweet group of little ones that I know will keep me entertained and on my toes.  I am looking forward to an exciting year of growth and fun.  With that being said, I have been exhausted trying to adjust back to the routine and schedule of school.  My body is not responding to the constant ups and downs as it has in the past and I've let the frustration get the best of me at times.  I always play Pandora while working on my online coursework and today was no different.  The first song that played was Bethany Dillon's "Hallelujah."  The chorus alone tugged at my heart and was an excellent reminder that it's okay to be frustrated and struggle but having the right mindset is key to accomplishing great things.  Change is inevitable and this fall will bring many for the Uhlaender family (all good and perfect blessings!).  The lyrics of the song have challenged me to stay positive and to approach each change as an opportunity to grow and become a better person.  I have four short months until we meet our sweet baby girl and I am sure there will be times that school, working on my Master's program, Chris going through the fire academy, and preparing for our little blessing will get the best of me, but I pray God continues to provide lovely reminders as He did today to keep my mind in the positive and focused on the good.  I'll leave you with the lyrics of the song in hopes that you, too, may be blessed by the words.


"Hallelujah"

Who can hold the stars
And my weary heart?
Who can see everything?

I've fallen so hard
Sometimes I feel so far
But not beyond your reach

I could climb a mountain
Swim the ocean
Or do anything
But it's when you hold me
That I start unfolding
And all I can say is

Hallelujah, hallelujah
Whatever's in front of me
Help me to sing hallelujah
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Whatever's in front of me
I'll choose to sing hallelujah

The same sun that
Rises over castles
And welcomes the day

Spills over buildings
Into the streets
Where orphans play

And only you can see the good
In broken things
You took my heart of stone
And you made it home
And set this prisoner free

Hallelujah, hallelujah
Whatever's in front of me
Help me to sing hallelujah
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Whatever's in front of me
I'll choose to sing hallelujah

Here is a link to the acoustic version on YouTube...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY5_jMdELnw

Psst... Hug, high-five, or pat a teacher on the back the next time you see one.  The truth is the job is demanding and precious and the beginning of each school year is tough.  A little act of kindness goes a looong way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment