July 31, 2013

Thoughts of Joy

I'm wide awake at 3 AM as my mind races through the thoughts of the next 12 hours.  Today we find out the gender of our baby and I could not think of a better way to express my thoughts than by dusting off the 'ol blog and letting them free.  This journey has been a long one in the making.  Chris and I tried for 20 months to get pregnant.  The process was not as complicated as some go through but it definitely took a toll on my emotions.  It was a roller coaster of ups and downs and what, at the time, felt like a lot of disappointment.  My faith was tested throughout the 19 months of false tests and the unknowns got the best of me for sure.  Chris was my rock.  He stayed positive the entire time and always encouraged me to let go of the sadness and find joy in the current day.  His faith and belief in the experience kept me going and I love him for that.  With all of that being said, today I am 19 weeks and 5 days pregnant!  My heart is full of gratitude for God entrusting us with this new life and for being given the opportunity to become parents.  It is amazing how my thoughts have already changed and I view things in a different perspective.  We are truly taking this journey one day at a time and soaking up the experience (even the yucky evening sickness I went through early on).  I can guarantee you there is no taking things for granted on our end!  So as we go check on our baby today, our thoughts will be full of joy and we'll focus on the blessings we have been given.  For God is good all the time, all the time God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment